I’m not sure why, but summer time always seems busier than the rest of the year. Our schedules don’t change much – mom and dad still have to work, the kids still go to school (although we call it “summer camp”) – but the days just seem to speed by and before you know it, July is over! We have had some not-so-fun illnesses hit our house this summer, but we have also had a lot of fun! Let’s recap…
1. My cousin Brooke graduated high school at the end of May- what?! I can still remember when Brooke was born and bringing her home from the hospital with her mom and dad. She was so tiny and beautiful. I always knew Brooke was special, but I cannot believe that she is already a grown woman about the embark on her own college adventure. In just a few short weeks, she’ll move into her dorm and started her first year of college (although she has enough credits to be a sophomore) WITH HONORS! We’re so proud of you, Brooke!
So, of course, all of the cousins came up to celebrate. Brooke’s graduation was late at night, so I decided to sit it out and just have all of the little cousins gather at our house so that my aunts and uncles could enjoy graduation together. We had SO MUCH FUN!
2. One of my very best friends live around the corner from us and we both have kids around the same age. She and her husband both work shift work and at times their schedules conflict and she needs someone to watch the kids for a bit. I know she dreads calling me because she feels like a burden, but I LOVE IT! Someone tell me how having four kids is often easier than just having two??? They get along SO well and I really love to watch them interact.
3. A friend I’ve had since elementary school had a baby boy in April. Ever since he was born, I’d been trying to find a time to make it up to Jax to meet him. Well, Jenn made my life easier and headed our way for a day in June, finally allowing me to meet this precious boy and squeeze him for a long, long time. Isn’t he just incredibly, perfectly handsome?? I immediately fell in love.
4. Birthday parties. We have a lot of friends with summer birthdays, so we’ve been trucking from one party to the next on the weekends. Each one has been so much fun!
5. My wonderful hubby thought it would be a good idea to put a paver driveway in during one of the hottest months of the year. Enough said.
6. Mixed in-between is all the miscellaneous fun summer has in store.
All in all, it’s been a fun summer! Can’t believe August is here!