For my friend Leah’s bridal shower a few weeks ago, I really wasn’t sure what to get her. I know that you’re “supposed” to purchase a gift off of the registry, but every time I even think about doing that I’m brought back to my own wedding and the ordeal I went through trying to return a few gifts.
One of my best friends from high school is getting married in October, so this past weekend we got a bunch of the girls together to celebrate! Even though it’s been 11 years since we graduated and so many of our friends have moved away (Leah, too) it always blows my mind when we get together and it seems like not a moment has passed!
I love that we’ve stayed super close through the years so that we can continue to celebrate all aspects of “life” together!
Leah’s mom and sister hosted the bridal shower at the Flagler Beachfront Winery. This place is fairly new, but it has quickly become our meeting place whenever the girls get together. Whether it’s a bridal shower, baby shower, or just a random Saturday, it is our go-to spot. They always do a great job and the owners are so incredibly friendly!
Now that Leah is all set with home decor and kitchen supplies, we cannot wait for her beach-y wedding in October! Cheers to Leah!
1. I’m happiest when… I’m with my family.
2. …Especially if it… is Christmastime and everyone is filled with the holiday spirit!
3. I’ve always wanted to… go on an island vacation and stay in one of those overwater bungalows. Amazing!
4. My family and I… are super close. We all live in the same town and see each other at least weekly. I cannot imagine living far away from them!
5. I was a terrible… teenager. No, really, I was. I wasn’t into drugs or anything, but I definitely look back on those years and pray pray pray my kids choose a different route! Sorry Mom!!
6. My first job was… at a daycare working with babies. I worked there every day in high school after school starting when I was 14 years old.
7. I could probably eat salad everyday. And I usually do.
8. I stole… the highlighting caps out of hair dye boxes when I was in high school.
9. I was born on the same day as… Notorious B.I.G.
10. My all-time favorite film is… honestly, I don’t know. I’m not the type of person who can watch the same thing over and over again. Probably any corny chick flick. I like happy. Or comedy.
11. I do a pretty mean… Macarena…
12. I’m still mad… that Prison Break is over.
13. I met my husband… in high school. He was a freshman and I was a junior. He carried my books to class. I thought he was dorky and didn’t talk to him again and until we reunited in college.
14. I always knew I wanted… babies. For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a momma!
15. I’m not afraid to… challenge myself.
16. I make the best… spinach smoothies. My family may not agree with me, but they are the bomb.
17. I have almost no… free time in my day.
18. I always cry when… someone comes to know Jesus (happy tears!). Or I hear little voices praying. Or those sappy inspirational videos everyone shares on facebook. Okay, I’m a baby!
19. I’m (now) a mom but I will always be a wife first.
20. I spent 12 years… hating vegetables. Now they are pretty much all I eat!
21. I wish my folks… both got to meet their grandkids. My dad passed away 10 months too soon. Thank God Mimi is here!
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with Barbies and The Little Mermaid.
23. I believe if everyone treated people the way they want to be treated, the world would be a better place.
24. I can’t stand… when people lie for no reason. Just tell the truth!
25. Whenever Friends is on, I’ll watch it.
I’m not sure why, but summer time always seems busier than the rest of the year. Our schedules don’t change much – mom and dad still have to work, the kids still go to school (although we call it “summer camp”) – but the days just seem to speed by and before you know it, July is over! We have had some not-so-fun illnesses hit our house this summer, but we have also had a lot of fun! Let’s recap…
1. My cousin Brooke graduated high school at the end of May- what?! I can still remember when Brooke was born and bringing her home from the hospital with her mom and dad. She was so tiny and beautiful. I always knew Brooke was special, but I cannot believe that she is already a grown woman about the embark on her own college adventure. In just a few short weeks, she’ll move into her dorm and started her first year of college (although she has enough credits to be a sophomore) WITH HONORS! We’re so proud of you, Brooke!
So, of course, all of the cousins came up to celebrate. Brooke’s graduation was late at night, so I decided to sit it out and just have all of the little cousins gather at our house so that my aunts and uncles could enjoy graduation together. We had SO MUCH FUN!
2. One of my very best friends live around the corner from us and we both have kids around the same age. She and her husband both work shift work and at times their schedules conflict and she needs someone to watch the kids for a bit. I know she dreads calling me because she feels like a burden, but I LOVE IT! Someone tell me how having four kids is often easier than just having two??? They get along SO well and I really love to watch them interact.
3. A friend I’ve had since elementary school had a baby boy in April. Ever since he was born, I’d been trying to find a time to make it up to Jax to meet him. Well, Jenn made my life easier and headed our way for a day in June, finally allowing me to meet this precious boy and squeeze him for a long, long time. Isn’t he just incredibly, perfectly handsome?? I immediately fell in love.
4. Birthday parties. We have a lot of friends with summer birthdays, so we’ve been trucking from one party to the next on the weekends. Each one has been so much fun!
5. My wonderful hubby thought it would be a good idea to put a paver driveway in during one of the hottest months of the year. Enough said.
6. Mixed in-between is all the miscellaneous fun summer has in store.
All in all, it’s been a fun summer! Can’t believe August is here!